RAKUTEN OPEN 2012
Andy Murray Returns To Tokyo!
by Tournament Staff|
He also won the doubles title with his brother, Jamie Murray, and became the first player to win both singles and doubles events since Stephan Edberg in 1991.
He won three titles in a row by claming another title at the Tour event in Shanghai next week, where he beat Kei Nishikori in the semifinals, having won in Bangkok a week before Tokyo.
His showing continues to be strong in 2012. He won in Brisbane in January, his 22nd ATP World Tour title. At the Australian Open, he advanced to the semifinals by defeating Nishikori, but lost to Novak Djokovic (SRB) 3-6, 6-3, 7-6(4), 1-6, 5-7.
At the tournament in Dubai in February, he revenged a defeat on Djokovic but finished in second. In the event in Miami, he ended up as the runner-up when he lost to Djokovic in the finals.
Out of his 22 trophies, 19 are won on hard courts. We cannot take our eyes off Murray as he plays on the hard court in the Rakuten Open 2012!
- Ito Stuns Wawrinka In Tokyo; Puts London Qualification On Hold
- Przysiezny Saves 3 M.P. To Oust Tsonga In Tokyo; Simon Saves 6 M.P.
- Wawrinka, Raonic, Tsonga In Tokyo Day 2 Action; Nishikori Features In Doubles
- Granollers Hijacks Ferrer's London Bid
- Anderson Tops Thiem To Reach Second Round
- Ferrer, Anderson, Dolgopolov In Tokyo Day 1 Action